— Things To Remind Yourself When People are Never-Ending Shitheads Who Seek to Destroy You
- No matter how shitty you feel, you are at your best when you’re fighting.
- Take the place of your own heroes, it’s okay and they would be proud (video: be your own hero).
- Don’t get hung up on past heroes, they are gone, remember them for their complexities, their successes,and their fuckups. Nobody is infallible. Martyrdom is not something to aspire to.
- You’ll always have critics but if you listen to them, they’ll have you.
- However, there is no shame in learning from your mistakes. It’s beautiful to grow up and to grow old.
- Don’t waste time with friends you don’t love.
- Don’t fuck with fame vampires.
- Read more than you drink.
- Write more than you smoke. (You’re not an artist if all you do is smoke weed and reblog poetry, you’re just a person who smokes weed and reblogs poetry.)
- Don’t sabotage yourself. There are plenty of people who are happy to do that for you.
- You don’t owe shit to people who don’t make you feel loved.
- Your friends will carry you home and if they don’t, find new friends.
- Do not fuck with dream killers.
- You were probably right the first time.
- Congratulate yourself for surviving regularly. You can still stare into space and say “I’m still here.” and that should be applauded.
- Don’t apologize for protecting yourself.
- Be serious about your pursuits, but there is always some time to also watch Shiba Inu videos and eat chili at 3AM.
- Tell the people you love you love them regularly. You know you’re alive some nights because they love you. That love is the lifeboat in water that drowns.
- Breathe in and out and scream if you want to. Crying is ok too. You don’t need permission and emotions don’t make you weak.
- You’ll be fine.
Posted 8 months ago — 2,224 notes