So I have gotten an influx of new (new-old? Did some of you just find me again from my catladysoul era? I don’t know.) followers and I want to remind you of some ground rules because they have been broken lately:
- I don’t have an ask box for a reason, I used to get hundreds of questions a day when I had one, it was horrible after awhile, it makes me feel obligated, I don’t owe you anything and you don’t owe me anything and I don’t want to be your therapist so don’t ask me non-makeup related questions (EVEN LINGERIE RELATED) on Powderdoom or the other tumblogs I run because they will be deleted and I’ll side-eye you a lot.
- On the same note, I really don’t owe you anything and I don’t do requests for recommendations for film, or personalized recommendations as to what to buy because that takes a lot of time and I am a freelance personal stylist and brand consultant on the side and why would I do my job for free? I mean, if you wanna pay me, I’m yours.
- But regarding lingerie, here is, again, my list of recommended places to shop.
- I am not here to teach you anything or educate you really, this is just my blog where I document stuff I like that I’m not blogging about on other platforms.
- Speaking of other platforms, do not pitch me Rookie articles on Tumblr. Pitch them to the editors. The submissions email is on the front page of Rookie. My advice in regards to Rookie is to pitch often and don’t take personal offense if the editors take awhile getting back to you, or they reject your pitch. It is not personal, they get thousands of emails a day. Once again: it is not personal. Being a writer requires putting yourself out there and often you are pitching the same idea dozens of others are, and being a writer also involves rejection. I think probably i have a 30% success rate in getting my stuff published, so there’s some perspective.
- I don’t add people on Facebook unless I actually know you, sorry but the internet knows enough about me, I’m allowed a space of my own for ‘real people’ space.
This will inevitably cause some of you to unfollow me or think I’m being a brat, but then again, if you think I’m being a brat because I want my own space, you’re probably someone i don’t want to have follow me anyway.